Today I would like to introduce you to another of the fantastic people that I work with!
Lorna has been working with me since April this year and other than a couple of holiday breaks we've been training up to 3 times a week since then. We've worked hard on nutrition to ensure Lorna is creating a new life that she will be able to easily maintain in the future.
It's been a great few months with many ups and the consistent approach that we have taken has seen Lorna fully buy-in to the process, making many self-determined positive changes that are helping her achieve the goals we spoke about on Day 1.
I spoke with Lorna briefly recently about her journey so far and wanted to share her thoughts with you:
1) How did we originally meet?
I saw your Facebook advert and decided to apply for Personal Training with you.
2) What was your specific situation at that time? What were you going through/facing in your life?
I had been suffering from low self-esteem and with some health issues in my family it finally dawned on me it was time to sort myself out!
3) What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from buying my services? What was the reason you almost didn’t become my client?
In short, I had a fear of failing! I had a lack of confidence and didn't believe that I would be able to complete what I started.
4) What was your first impression of my services? What did you think?
You were very personable and professional. This put me at ease and I started to believe that I could actually achieve those things that I wanted to achieve. On top of that you were very affordable!!
5) What are the specific results you’ve gotten from my training/coaching?
I have lost weight and am well on my way to hitting my target weight. My fitness has improved but as importantly I've gained a real understanding of what exercise I need to do to continue to progress. In terms of food I also feel that I know what I need to fuel my body and can apply the principles I've learnt to any situation. It turns out I never really had a clue before!!
6) Are there any good BEFORE and AFTER “things” with specific results we could talk about? For example, is there anything that was WRONG before, but isn’t wrong now? Or anything that you couldn’t do before, but you CAN do now?
From a purely exercise perspective there's so many things that I couldn't do - planks, mountain climbers, any kind of weight lifting - that I can do now! One of the best things is that I can run around with my nieces, which is something that was killing me before I started training with you. I also have much less back pain which has made a real difference to my every day life.
I'm looking forward to the next couple of months of training with Lorna as we push toward her final goal and beyond. All that's left for me to say is congratulations on your success so far Lorna and keep on keeping on! :)